Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Resilient

Resilient…… do you know what it means. What is all this facination about the word resilient?Well I came across this word yesterday when I was watching The Oprah show, and she was talking about the word resilient over and over again, so after watching Oprah I went back to my office and look through the Dictionary and I found these:-

Resilient – adjective – able to spring back to its former shape or position when pressure
or remove.
- able to return quickly to usual health, or good spirits after going through
difficulty, disease, change etc.

This is a strong-strong word. I guess each and everyone of us should contemplate and reevaluate ourselves in times of trouble, because this is when we fight God and we box with God , saying “WHY ME” ? why not someone else ? Why this happen to me ? and the worst is “ Have you forsaken me oh Lord”.

But have we ever wondered why when god gives us all the blessings, do we ask him “Why me” and Why not somebody else”. I guess not, because when we were blessed with good things in life, we tend to forget God, and when things gone bad , then we started to resent him asking him WHY ? WHY ? AND WHY, without thinking how much good things and blessings he shared with us.

Well, I want to share with you this story of mine when I was just a little boy, I think I was in form 3 at that time and ohhhh was I arrogant… I use to think that I’m smart and no other force in the world could ever break me or failed me. During that time we were suppose to take our SRP exam and gosh I hardly studied because I am so sure that I would pass even if I didn’t study, because my older siblings have done well in their studies and I guess its hereditary ( so as to I believed).

Then SRP comes and I still didn’t study, we’ll actually I did study a little bit but, it just wasn’t enough I guess. I took the exam perfectly and ohhhhhhh how I felt I nailed everything including mathematics the one subject that I hated the most. Then a few months alter, our results comes out on TV saying that the result for that particular year wasn’t promising and that a lot of students didn’t do that well. Gosh a rush of blood comes through my head and a big question pops thought my mind.

HOW DID I DO??
DID I DO WELL??

Another brick comes flat of my face that day when I found out that I flunk because I failed my Maths. Well actually I did well with all my subjects accept for Maths and at that time the only picture I can think of was my mums face , how discourage she’ll be with me and how am I going to face the world. What would my future be? I blame God for everything and resented God. I cried until I could not cry no more….Faith brings me to a letter I receive from my sister whose away for nursing, she told me the very same thing I told my friends in despair “ In a cloudy sky .. There’s always a silver lining” but I couldn’t make sense out of it at that time but kept that word close to my chest everyday.

Soon after that, I woke up from a big long dream and made a promise to myself that totally change myself until now. I promise that I will never failed even a test my entire life and that I would never ever going to make my mother cry for my undiligentness. I remember waking up in the wee morning studying and asking my mum if she could send me for extra maths tuition, which I never did before. I did repeat my form 3 with a great deal of shame at first but soon after that I felt that I conquer something because I top my exams every term and that’s such a great feelings that I finally drew a straight line in my life. But one things for sure I did , was focus.. I focus on all the things I do and most of all I keep my feet close to the ground this time round and I learn to be humble.

Well, finally I did well in my second form 3 exam with flying colors and it made me so proud of myself . All those harsh word my cousins use to throw at me I kept it and it made me stronger to grab greater things in life. Now as I look back at my life I realize the words my sister use to tell me .. the word that could never be erase from my head.. IN A CLOUDY SKY THERE’S A SILVER LINING and now I understand what it meant.

But, there is so much more to accomplish in life and much-much more to do. We just have to believe and focus, and to bounce back to a bad situation and own it and make it better. Looking at where I am right now, no one would ever guess that I was once that kid that failed, that cried … but I did and I’m glad I did …. do you know why.. Because I made it… I kept my promise until today.

No comments: