Tuesday, August 7, 2007

MY PHOBIA


This is a fun subject, I’m sure all of us got our own Phobia. Herewith are some of me and my families phobias and why we got it.

Monkey.

I was born in the year of the Monkey. But do u know that I am SOooo.. afraid of all sorts of Monkey. Ha ha ha I know , monkeys seems adorable especially orangutan and chimpanzee. Well my phobia started when I was in Primary 3 . One day my mum and I visited my friend’s house and there was this one small monkey they kept as a pet at thier backyard. The monkey was so friendly and playful but i never go near it as i was initially a little afraid to it.

Our parents were very good friends and while our parents were talking , we were playing at the back yard and suddenly I felt there was a small hand holding my left hand and and the next thing I know something was biting my hand. It was a little painful but I was shock and things went so fast. Finally they took care of me and my hand was bandage and splash with this Indonesian hot oil. The wound heal off after a few months but the it didnt really heal my wound inside. I guess the monkey could smell my fear from the start thats why it bite me , or maybe its a crazy monkey sial punya monyet.

From that day onwards monkey terrifies me, and couldn’t overcome my fear until today.

Snake

I believe that I am not the only one who was so terrified with snakes. Snakes are so yucky with their oily body and they way it goes and crawl to your body, Ahhhhhhh im dead meat.

My mum was also a snake phobic tunggu jap... emm.... that makes my whole family. I remember when I as small , it was nearly Christmas or New year ke tak ingat dah and normally we would play cards before the new year as it is believed that the sound of money w brings prosperity to the whole family for the year ahead.

Then one night while we were playing cards ( berjudi ni hehe ) a snake drop from the ceiling to our bathroom floor in front of us. All of us was so shock and all of us run without looking back and I remember the snake goes to this one small hole. After that the whole family went to the kampong the very same night and my mother called some villagers ( lupa dah nama dia, but i remember he was a suluk guy ) to check and kill the snake. Finally he came but couldn’t find the snake anymore. We didn’t slept that night and everybody was so terrified. My mum even splash kerosene just to make sure the snake crawl away.

Kitten.

I just couldn’t relate to this,but my mum is so afraid of kittens until as far as I can remember. I remember we use to have this 3 colored cat which believed to bring good luck and one day our cat got pregnant by our neighbors cat ( sial punya kuching pandai dia cari makan kat luar kan) . Then one morning, while we were still sleeping my mum shouted and shouted hysteria …. All of us jump up of fear for maybe it’s a snake and the next thing saw was our mum on the top of the table shouting, and below were some new kittens still shivering and crawling.

My mother was in hysteria and ask us to put all the kittens away in our barn and make sure its away from her. First I thought she was just joking but looking of her fear ahd shiver I realize that my mum really was afraid of kitten. So from that moment onwards, we don’t have kittens at home, well we do have cats but only adult cats. Funny kan. Guess what now all my nephew and nieces dispise cats... do you think its heriditary.

Feathers

I remember my course mate Geeya, now married with 2 children was so afraid anything with feathers. I just couldn’t comprehend but according to her , the sound and the site of feathers made her freak out. Another spooky phobia.

So what are your phobias? I guess somehow we can overcome our phobias, if we really face it but no matter what I rather be phobic my whole life than have to hold a snake.

No comments: