Thursday, June 28, 2007

TOXIC RELATIONSHIP

Do you remember the entry i did a few weeks ago " when friends go sour"
http://overatedallan.blogspot.com/2007/06/when-friends-go-sour.html, well this i found when i was browsing this morning from Oprah .com (ops balik balik oprah hari tok lariiiiiiiii... and i notice a few sililarities of what i define friends.

Are You Being Drained? Since friendships require an investment of time and energy, you'll want to choose the people you spend time with wisely. To determine whether a relationship drains you or fuels you, Cheryl Richardson, author of Take Time for Your Life, suggests asking yourself the following questions:

1) Am I able to be myself with this person? Do I feel accepted?

2) Are they critical or judgmental of me?

3) Does the relationship provide an even give-and-take exchange of energy?

4) Do I feel upbeat and energized when I'm around this person, or depleted and drained?

5) Does this person share my values? My level of integrity?

6) Is this person committed to our relationship?

7) Can this person celebrate my success?

8) Do I feel good about myself when I'm with this person?

No comments: