Monday, October 27, 2014

Dear Allan,
Went to Church yesterday, Its been a while since I came back from the Philippines to send my mum to her home town in General Santos, Mindanao. My Aunt is sick .. quiet a fatal disease. 

It was a quick journey for me and my mum.. everything was set up so quickly and by the time I realize it, we were on the way to Manila. It was during the Haj Celebration in between so I manage to not take any more of my little annual leave.

It was pouring rain in Manila that night when we arrive, we stayed the same hotel that we've stayed before ( EUROHOTEL) in Malate, supposingly we went out for dinner that night but decided to just order in coz of the rain. Anyway the food was okay..

The next morning we shoot of to the airport and after 2 hours plus on the plane we arrive safely in GenSan. My cousin was a bit late picking us up, after finally 1 hour of waiting they came.. thank goodness I insisted my mum to not take the taxi sapu otherwise it will be  very expensive.

We have lunch along the way to the hospital. we have bbq chicken and rice. When we arrive at the hospital ( suppose to be a private practice but looks like Tawau General hospital 20 years ago , you can tell by the sign board writing that was written with hand hehehe). When we enter my aunts room, everyone was so surprise to see us... I thought everyone knew we're coming. When my Aunt Neda saw us, I could tell she was happy to see her last remaining siblings. She make an effort to sit down  next to my mum.. tapping her feet and saying to everyone " amun ni bunsu" ( this is our youngest). After all these years of being away and being reunited again I could feel how she misses my mother so much.. and still attachly feel my mother is their youngest in the family. Then flashes of memories came to me how my mum always tell everyone that I was her bunsu.  I was picturing myself in my mums positon someday and I burst in tears. How.. maybe in years to come that will be me.

Then my mum ask me to feel my Aunt with the Chocolate we bought from Malaysia. I know she loves Chocolate as our last visit we bought some too and she kept it to her self hehehe, that's cute. My tears flows down like rain that day, trying to keep my compost and trying to feed her is just to much for me. Then of the 3rd serving she cough I guess the sugar is too much. Then gently my mum ask me to go outside to retain myself from crying. 

Do you know that sadden me the most is .. having so little time to know my Aunt.. Yes I meet her for the first time in February this year , she was strong and I remember asking her to visit us in Malaysia one day ... and she said yes if I got married hehehe yeaaaaaa like that's going to happen.  Another thing that sadden me so much is that my sister and my cousins never got to know her .. if she passed.  To know our roots and to meet one of the remaining member of my Mums family. I do hope that they would just take a time and visit before its too late.. I know everyone is busy with their life but tryyy..

That night I spend the whole night at the hospital to watch over my Aunt. I had a few sleep but I know she was in pain. The next morning I flew from GENSAN early morning at reach manila in the afternoon and flew to Kuala Lumpur in the evening. I reach KL at nearly 10 pm and finally reach home by midnight.

Then I was down with fever, cough and sore throat for a week.. so I skip sunday mass for 2 weeks, but the lord is always by my side. I remember waching Oprah online yesterday .. a quote by her GOD APPRECIATE BEING APPRECIATED, that y I always thank GOD everyday for even a little things he rendered to me.
LORD JESUS thank you for giving me a good family, a good life , good health everyday .. AMEN

No comments: